Monday, March 6, 2017

Blood Is Not Thicker Than Love


"Instead of shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance."  Isaiah 61:7 (NIV)


I have learned one extremely important lesson in life and that is it doesn't matter how you enter the world - you are God's child and he will always take care of you.  My story began with a 14 year old young lady and an 18 year old young man.  When my birth mother found out she was pregnant with me, she was obviously scared and didn't know what to do.  After a lot of bad guidance from her mother, the state stepped in and put the process in motion for me to be adopted immediately.  At the same time that this was happening (I'm sure something she considered a bad thing), there was a couple who was unable to have children, but wanted a child very much (another bad thing).  And over the course of a few months, God brought the two bad scenarios together to form a perfect one. 

I will always love my birth mother for not aborting me and for giving me a chance at an awesome life with two of the best parents ever.  But as I got a little older - 3-4 years old - I began to feel like something else was missing.  I was an only child, which can be super awesome at times, but it can also be very lonely at times.  Around this time, we moved to a new neighborhood, but there wasn't a lot of kids around.  But after about six months, a wonderful thing happened.  A family moved in next door - parents, 4 girls and a boy.  And as I would learn later, as they drove to their new home, I was playing in the yard and they were happy to see me.  From then on, my life has never been the same.  They became my second family - two wonderful Godparents, 4 awesome sisters and one very loving brother - God finally gave me my siblings.  And anytime I was introduced and our story told, if someone said "So you are the girl next door", my godmother would always say "No, she's mine".  I will never forget that.  When I was a teenager, I was talking to my sisters about how sad I was that when I have children they won't have any aunts and uncles.  My one sister chimed in and said "That's not true - they will have 5.  We will be their aunts and uncles."  God not only gave me double - he gave me nine times over.

It was a blessing enough to have my parents.  They are the light of my life and I think God for them everyday and I try to honor them in every way I can.  And I know that I would have had a very blessed life if God had stopped there.  But He didn't.  And if He didn't with me, He won't with you.  You may not see the double right away like I did.  I know many people who have to wait 20-30 years to see their double.  But God never breaks a promise - even if for some reason you don't see it here on earth, you will receive it in Heaven.  God will always take you through whatever you are dealing with and in the end you will receive double for your trouble - or maybe even more like me.  😍


To donate, send a prayer request, or share a need, please visit us at www.lovellministries.org

Have a blessed day!  We love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment