Friday, September 14, 2018

Finding Joy

I am currently studying the book of Ecclesiastes and it is so amazing everything that I have learned.  If you want to hear the studies, you can check out our podcast and listen to chapters 1-3 as of today and we will be adding a new chapter each week until we finish.

But today I wanted to share something truly amazing that I believe will help so many of you.  Did you know that God expects us to have joy in all circumstances?  Even when things aren't going our way.  Well, it's true.  And this is really hard.  When life is beating on you, it can be a great challenge to keep your joy.  But in Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, it says this very thing.  Basically, God's people will find meaning and joy in life when they cheerfully accept it from the hand of God.

What are you going through today?  Are you "cheerfully accepting it from the hand of God" or are you losing hope, downtrodden, and just plain miserable?  Jesus came that we may have and enjoy everyday life (John 10:10 AMP).  God guides us in multiple places in His word that if we truly believe in Him, we can get through anything with joy and praise.  We can accept what is happening and know that it is for God's glory and our good.

I challenge you today to pray this prayer - "God, I'm not okay with what I am going through, but I am going to trust you 100%.  I trust that you are going to take this situation and use it for your glory.  God, help me to cheerfully accept my situation because without you, it is impossible.  I give it all to you God.  Give me the strength and wisdom to find and keep my joy in this challenging situation.  In Jesus's name I pray, Amen!"

God loves you and He has not forsaken you.  There is a reason you are going through what He is allowing.  Trust Him and know that whatever the reason is, it is for your good and the good of His message.  We pray over you today.  We love you and pray that you have a blessed week, no matter your circumstances.  Find your joy through Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment